Friday, April 22, 2011

Mini Visits & a Whinny

Basically exactly what the title says.

I went out for just a few minutes yesterday because I had to drop off board (my favorite activity.. yay. lol), and I decided to see Laurie and snuggle Reina for a few minutes while I was out. Unfortunately, that's all I could really do, because of stupid finals being stupid. But soon, soon, I will be done for the summer!

Anyways, as Laurie and I were walking up to Reina's paddock, she looked at me, pricked her ears (as usual) and then... she let out a huuuuuge whinny!! I was like, "OMGosh, Rei, was that for meeee!?!" and Laurie was like "well it sure as heck wasn't for me!"

I laughed and said that's the first time she's done that to me - because it was! Laurie almost didn't believe me that Reina hadn't talked to me before. She was like, "but that horse loves you so fricken much!" I'm just glad it's mutual!!

Maybe she was feeling lonely because her buddy Comanche left to be bred to the stud, or maybe she just missed me because I hadn't been out in a few days, or maybe we've bonded enough for her to say hi whenever I come up! Whatever it was, I think it was the cutest thing ever and my heart melted right into my boots!

I stayed for about an hour, loving on Rei and talking to Laurie about boys and school and horses and God and everything inbetween. Reina just chilled, didn't move the entire time but to wiggle her lip at the fence and drop her head into my hands when she wanted rubs. It was adorable and she got 2 peppermints for hanging out with us when she was at liberty in her paddock.

Horses are awesome.
Finals are not!

No comments:

Post a Comment