Saturday, April 16, 2011

Engagement Rings & New Trails

Chi's getting married!!!

She went to see her long-distance boyfriend last weekend, and he proposed! Down on one knee and everything! Her ring is giant and huge and sparkly and fabulous. She loves it, and she's so happy, and I'm so happy for her! Yay!!

Oh, and I rode today! Haha. Laurie and I went out trail riding and we adventured down two new paths we've never taken before!

But first, pictures of my adorable horse:



Awww!

Okay, so, we trotted a lot on this trail because it's fun! And Reina was oh-so-good, she was moving off my leg and sometimes I didn't even have to squeeze. It was so lovely! She was so responsive and in tune with me, it was amazing. Totally different from riding Apollo; even if she doesn't know as much, I soooo appreciate her trying! She tries so fricken hard to please me, she's such a good girl.

So both of the trails we took were total dead ends... but it didn't matter, because it was mad fun and we got to explore a little bit! Reina was absolutely perfect and acted just like we were on our regular trail. She didn't look or spook or get nervous at all. I was very impressed with her! I was wondering how she'd be on a new trail, and, well, now I know!

Lookit those cute little ears!


Those are of the second adventure we took, at the end. It's a road! We have no idea what road or what it is, but it was very pretty and Reina was totally unconcerned. In fact, she got impatient when I asked her to stand for pictures!




Did I mention that she was amazingly good? :)



I gave her the second round of wormer today and put on more fly stuff (will discuss that in a later post, but it lasts 2 weeks and it's freaking amazing, I've noticed a huge difference!!)... she's still much thinner than I would like, but would you look at that coat!? Good God is she shiny! At least she's looking much healthier apart from her weight. I'll give myself credit for that, at least!


So yeah! That was about it. I mean, she listened super well. And we got to work on patience, as Rei had to stop and wait for things a few times. She's so silly, she starts yawning as soon as we stop and she'll reach around to bump my boot with her nose. "MOM! MOM! I'm BORED! Can I go yet!?" We'll have to work on that... but it's a far cry from her hopping, head-tossing, pawing, impatient self when I first got her! If that's not progress, I don't know what is!

Hopefully I'll get to go out again tomorrow. The semester is trickling to an end, so all I have to do is study. I'm praying that means I'll get more saddle time!!

Oh, more good news? Totally lost 10 pounds. Reason #5376184789513416 why I love horses: it's great exercise!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment