Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here's to Hoping!

Yesterday I spent a bit more time with Reina doing targeting work. She caught on fast - as usual - and soon, I had her following my lunge whip in circles around me (to both sides) and walking with her following it with her nose. It was adorable.

This is all in preparation of trailer loading day... which just happens to be tomorrow! Oh my goodness, I'm nervous. I hope she walks on all right! Our last experience with the trailer was shaky at best, but our relationship was also next to nonexistent then as well. I'm hoping that her loving and trusting me now will make her less skeptical when I tell her trailers are not, in fact, scary horse-eating monsters.

Jeff (the owner of the new barn I'm going to!) will have his horse in the trailer already, so maybe that will add to her not being so scared? I hope.

Anyways, I've done all I can really do in preparation so I just have to wait and hope that it'll turn out well!

Will keep you all updated. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment